* The coach – Parm Phangura, Canada’s current world class lifter and three time National Team Champion.
* Rocky Point is proud to offer both private and group training camps with Parm Phangura.
* Parm will coach the proper techniques to the Clean + Jerk, and Snatch. Parm will analyze faults with starting positions, pulls, catches, lockouts, squats, etc.. and provide world class coaching techniques to correct any errors.
* The group training camps are for moderate to advanced athletes, in fairness to the others in the group, we ask that beginners book privates with Parm and advance to group classes.
Why Get Specialty Olympic Weightlifting Coaching With Parm:
* Parm will provide world class coaching and experience that normally only Olympic level athletes have the privilege of receiving.
* You will improve your technique and efficiency in the Oly lifts faster than with traditional Crossfiting or other training regimes.
* Your improved efficiency = less energy expenditure = faster Crossfit times!
* You’ll Increase strength and set new PR’s in arguably the most complex and difficult movements of Crossfit, giving you unrivaled confidence!
* Your newly acquired knowledge and training experience will be passed to your clients and community, improving your coaching skill set.
More About Parm:
Born and raised in beautiful Quesnel, British Columbia and currently residing in the Greater Vancouver Area, Parm Phangura has dedicated over 10 years of his life to Olympic Weightlifting; a sport that is sheer in tradition and history and that has always been his passion.
Parm is currently part of the Canadian National Team and is a distinguished three-time National Champion. He has the physical and mental skills required for Olympic Weightlifting: power, strength, technique and consistency, and has had the privilege of training with previous and current Olympic medalists.
He has successfully competed in renowned national and international weightlifting competitions, where he has incessantly ranked amongst the top participants:
2002 American Open – Savannah, Georgia, USA
2004 Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships – Malta 2004
Manuel Suarez Invitational Tournament – Cuba 2007
Senior National Championship – Quebec 2002, 2004, and 2010, British Columbia 2003 and Ontario 2007
Western Canadian Championship – British Columbia 2002, 2010, Yukon 2003 and Alberta 2007
Pan American Championship – Lima, Peru 2008.
Commonwealth Games – New Delhi, India 2010
Senior World Championships – Paris, France 2011
In an effort to become an ambassador for his community and province, and to proudly represent Canada internationally, Parm is presently training for the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Check Parm in action below successfully lifting a 422lbs C&J:
$399.00 / 6 Sessions | Private with Parm Phangura – National Olympic Weightlifting Team Member
$80.00 / Session | 1-on-1 With Parm Phangura – National Olympic Weightlifting Team Member
$120.00 / Session | 1-on-2 With Parm Phangura – National Olympic Weightlifting Team Member