This is an old standby dish of ours, it doubles as chili or meat sauce. For meat sauces just take out the chili spices and add Italian spice. Chili is perfect to have on hand at any point in time during the week. Especially during your Whole30. I will be using this recipe in a couple other meal ideas this month.
- 1 medium to large onion, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14) ounce can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (8) ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place your sweet potato (1 per person) on a baking sheet and bake for 30-240 minutes or until your sweet potato is soft to the touch.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the pan is heated, add the onion.
- Chop the bell peppers and add to the onions to the pan stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from heat. Transfer the veggies to a bowl and wipe the pan out to get rid of any remaining food.
- Return the pan to medium high heat. Add the beef and brown and the chili spices and seasoning. Once brown, if there is a bunch of fat in the pan, remove the fat by tilting the pan and scooping it out with a spoon.
- Return the veggies to the pan, add the tomatoes. Bring to a simmer to warm through. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop up your yams, add it to your bowl of chili and you’re golden!
I love fall sunsets! Yogi and I enjoyed our chili while watching to sunset…how romantic!
For more repcies and meal ideas check out West Coast Paleo www.westcoastpaleo.com