Carne asada, which translates as “roast meat,” it is a festive mexican dish that is full of flavour. Any Mexican food in my house two thumbs up!
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 3 fresh limes, juiced
- Zest of one lime
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Pinch cayenne pepper
( I cheat and use Trader Joes Glunten-free Taco Mix)
- Slice the flank steak on the diagonal into thin strips.
- Marinate streak with taco mix & 3 fresh limes juiced, and the zest of one lime
- Place in a large plastic game or dish and marinate for 1-8 hours…the longer the better
- After marinating place steak on either the bbq or in a pan for 3-4 mins a side.
Sever up on either a bed of lettuce or in a tortilla for your non-primal eating family members. I like to top mine with green verde salsa and guacamole.
Adapted from: Marks Daily Apple: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/carne-asada/#ixzz1k3ckeQEn