Juggy’s Birthday Cake
Ingredients (1-9 inch cake pan)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup high quality cacao powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 9 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (butter or ghee), melted (more for greasing pans)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee (or water)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- parchment paper for lining cake pans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- Combine coconut flour, cacao, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, with whisk attachment, whisk the eggs.
- Add the oil/butter/ghee, maple syrup, coffee and vanilla extract and continue to mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are incorporated – about 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl (you may need to do this a couple of times) and beat cake batter on high speed for about one full minute so that the batter is fluffy.
- Put batter into pan. It will be thick. (Spread it out evenly in the pan)
Happy Birthday Juggy! Can you believe this guy is 40?!?!
Good Morning Banana Bread! Lately I have developed a love for baking. And for some odd reason everything I bake for once is turning out. Maybe it’s a baking miracle. This banana bread recipe was adapted from a recipe sent to me by my friend Reiko, who has just discovered paleo! I super pumped for her exploration into the paleo world. Good luck girl!
This super moist, just slightly sweet, paleo bread perfect for breakfast or snacking.
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 3 tablespoons power mix**
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe banana, mashed
**Power Mix- Chia seeds, ground flax, psyllium husks***
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Pour wet into dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Divide evenly (dough will be thick) into loaf pans and smooth the tops.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Remove loaf from oven, let cool in pans for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Sorry folks but this is a re post! I promise to deliver some goods for the Friday post. I’ve decided to re take some photos of my old recipes so they don’t look like dog shit anymore.
If you’re looking for date ideas boy do I have a great site for you! My friend Chris has some neat Vancouver date ideas. Everything from inexpensive dates for you cheapskates to fine dinning. Be sure to check out Vancouver Datebook!
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1-2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup liquid egg whites (or 3 egg whites)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (add more if desired)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk together egg whites and almond milk and then stir in walnuts, ground flax, banana, vanilla extract, and cinnamon; blend well.
- In a medium saucepan, warm the mixture on the stove, stirring frequently, until the “oatmeal” reaches the desired consistency; this should only take a few minutes.
- Top with berries, nut butter, seeds, or whatever else your little heart desires.