Coco Protein Balls
I’m trying to make a commitment to posting more regularly. This week’s theme is pre and post wod treats. These are to be consumed in moderation, no matter how delicious they are. Yesterday my blog assistant Yogi aka Lauren and I did a massive shop at Superstore. We made a shopping list so we could get in and out fast! Everything is “for time” when you’re a CrossFiter.
The recipe of the day Coco Protein Balls:
Makes: 36 balls
- 1 1/2 cup almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 20 dried black figs, stems removed
- 1/4 cup mixture of flaxseed meal,pysllium husks and chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4-6 scoops protein powder of choice- We used chocolate http://www.allmaxnutrition.com/products-type/isoflex/
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut water
- pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor
- Turn food processor on.
- Let ingredients mix until dried figs are completely broken down and incorporated.
- Shape mixture into bite size balls.
- Place in the refrigerator to help harden.
- Keep leftovers in the freezer
**If these balls are extremely sticky don’t worry! These seem to lose their stickiness after being rolled**