Good Day! If you are not big on watching videos, here’s the Reader’s Digest version of the video below:
* I hope you are enjoying the strength program we’ve been running for the last week. We’ve been through one cycle.
* We will be running the CrossFit Total again in about 3 weeks to retest your one-rep max on Deadlift, Press and Squat.
* The number scheme we provide (i.e. 5 reps @ 75%, 5 reps at 80% etc) are a guideline. It is not absolutely necessary that you complete the workout at those %.
* If you have been injured, not feeling 100%, or not completing the rep scheme as suggested, you will drop the weight. (i.e. you shift down to 65%, 70%, 75% or whatever is going to ensure that you maintain mechanics and keep safe)
* Ultimately, you must decide on what weight feels best. Confer with a coach if you have any concerns! Don’t worry if you are not hitting the guideline weights. They are heavy! It takes time to work up to these levels. No one is going to stop you if you are lifting lighter and maintaining proper mechanics. Check your ego at the door and lift with your head.
Please check out this MWOD on Hip Capsule Distraction. Spend 3 minutes on this mobility work.
25 Side Leg Swings (yes both sides)
Hold Pancake Split (try for 2 minutes)
Hold Middle Split (try for 2 minutes)
Don’t curse me too loudly…..
Strength (Read the above or watch the vid!!!)
5 Reps @ 75% 1RM, 5 @ 80%, 5 @ 85%
3 @ 80%, 3 @ 85%, 3 @ 90%
5 @ 75%, 3 @ 85%, 1 @ 90%
5 @ 60%
AMRAp 12 Minutes
50 Single Unders
10 Burpee Box Steps
5 Sitted Dumbbell Press
90 Singles or 30 Double Unders
10 Burpee Box Jumps (20)
5 Hand Stand Pushups (or progression)
30 Double Unders
10 Burpee Box Jumps (24/20)