Happy Friday! Hope you all have a great weekend and get out and enjoy some sunshine. Just a reminder it’s Nutts Cup this weekend down at CrossFit Van. We have two teams competing so make sure you get down there and cheer them on! If you haven’t seen a CrossFit competition before this is definitely worth checking out. CFV always has great parties, people, and food.
Here is a weekend worthy recipe for the BBQ! I honestly have been making these at least once per week.
Grilled Yam Fries
- 4 yams
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder (I usually add more, about 4 shakes of the big costco cinnamon container)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut yams into wedges.
- Place yams in a large pot with water that completely covers it.
- Cook on medium heat until they are tender enough to poke a fork through them… but careful, you don’t want them to be mushy. Remove from pot and let yams cool.
- Heat up your BBQ
- Toss the yams in a bowl with cinnamon, S &P, and coconut oil. Make sure they are completed covered.
- Place on the top rack of your grill to cook for 10-15 minutes. Turn them over half way through cooking.
- Cook till they look like the picture above : )