I LOVE COFFEE
If you haven’t noticed I love coffee. I even have mini Starbucks barista espresso machine at home, and it is awesome. Yet I still make frequent visits to the Starbucks near my home. So when we started doing the Whole30 I struggled with the thought of giving up my morning cup of Joe. I already had to cut out putting chocolate milk into my coffee and I definalty wasn’t willing to give up coffee all together. By the way, it looks like someone vomited Christmas at Starbucks. But I’m absolutely loving it! Only 21 more days till I can enjoy a ginderbread americano misto!
As far, it seems that the biggest struggle (other than brooze) people have had was a dependence on their milk,cream or coffee-creamer…and, they’ve discovered that canned, full-fat coconut is just not the same.
I’ve found that if I heat my coconut milk using my espresso machince it makes it nice and frothy. But it you dont have an essporso machine handy here are a few opitions. Number 2 you will find hilairous! Well at least I did.
- 1. Heat up the 1 coconut milk and add it to a blender, top with black coffee, whip until frothy, and top with cinnamon.
- 2. Put your coconut milk in a protein shakes cup with a little metal blender ball and shake the crap out of it! This was a great morning coffee tip from Jay….I deleted the profanity 😉
But if you’re looking for something a little extra sweet this might do the trick. It’s almost like a latte!
Coconut Milk Coffee Creamer (makes 6-8 servings)
1 Can Full-Fat Coconut Milk
4 Medjol Dates (pit removed)
1 Vanilla Bean*, scraped (you’re using the seeds from inside the pod)
-Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Add the dates, vanilla bean seeds/scrapings plus 1T. hot water to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Heat up coconut milk.. till it’s hot.
- Add 1 of the can of coconut milk and blend until smooth .
- Transfer mixture to a container and transfer to the fridge until ready to use.
Once refrigerated, the mixture will set to a whip cream-like consistency.