Juggy’s Birthday Cake
Ingredients (1-9 inch cake pan)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup high quality cacao powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 9 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (butter or ghee), melted (more for greasing pans)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee (or water)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- parchment paper for lining cake pans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- Combine coconut flour, cacao, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, with whisk attachment, whisk the eggs.
- Add the oil/butter/ghee, maple syrup, coffee and vanilla extract and continue to mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are incorporated – about 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl (you may need to do this a couple of times) and beat cake batter on high speed for about one full minute so that the batter is fluffy.
- Put batter into pan. It will be thick. (Spread it out evenly in the pan)
Happy Birthday Juggy! Can you believe this guy is 40?!?!