Yummy Kale chips! Everyone seems to love these even the non veggies lovers. You don’t even need to be a chef extraordinaire. These do require some hard work but they are so much cheaper and better than tearing open a bag of potato chips. Now that I’m visiting farmers markets on the weekends it might become a weekly staple in my house.
- The kale leaves must be SUPER DRY.
- Bake the kale at 350 F.
- Cook the chips for 12 minutes.
- Salt AFTER the kale chips are out of the oven.
Here’s what I assembled to make my own chips:
- 2 bunches of red kale
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Here’s what I did:
- I preheated the oven to 350 F. Then, I removed the leaves from the stems and washed the leaves well in a few changes of water. The stuff I bought was DIRTY.
- I tossed the dry leaves with olive oil and I used my hands to distribute the oil evenly. I lined a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay some of the leaves on top in a single layer.
- Make sure the leaves are all flat and not folded over or they won’t crisp properly.
- Set your timer because if the kale burns it will be bitter. Once the kale was out of the oven, I seasoned the chips with some fleur de sel.