People have been asking for this recipe that I posted awhile ago. So I thought it would be easiest to just re-post it : ) (Stacey this one won’t taste like crap I promise)
“Oatmeal” Minus the Oats”
From: Carrots N Cake
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup liquid egg whites (or 3 egg whites)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (add more if desired)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk together egg whites and almond milk and then stir in walnuts, ground flax, banana, vanilla extract, and cinnamon; blend well.
- In a medium saucepan, warm the mixture on the stove, stirring frequently, until the “oatmeal” reaches the desired consistency; this should only take a few minutes.
- Top with berries, nut butter, seeds, or whatever else your little heart desires.