Thanks to Everyday Paleo for this delicious recipe. It takes a little prep but well worth the effort. Even your non-paleo family members will give you two thumbs up on this meal.
4 chicken breasts
1/2 cup organic spicy brown mustard
2 tbsp raw organic honey
1 cup pecans
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl blend together the mustard and honey. Toss the pecans in a food processor and pulse until the nuts are finely chopped.
- Pour the chopped pecans either on a plate or in a pie pan if you have one. Using a paper towel, remove any excess moisture from the outside of your chicken breasts.
- Taking one chicken breast at a time, first place the chicken into the mustard/honey mixture and coat on both sides.
- Transfer chicken to the chopped pecans and again cover both sides.
- Place coated chicken into a greased glass baking dish (I used a little olive oil spray to cover the bottom of the dish) and sprinkle each chicken breast with just a little sea salt.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until the chicken juices run
For more delicious paleo recipes check out Everyday Paleo: http://everydaypaleo.com/2010/05/01/pecan-crusted-chicken/