Poached eggs & greens
Here is a super easy recipe! Poach eggs have to be one of my favorite post WOD meals. Poaching eggs is one of the easiest, quickest, and lowest calorie ways of preparing eggs, as there is no added fat. I use Free organic eggs as the taste a thousand times better. They are also easier to poach as they hold together better than older eggs.
Vinegar is optional, it will help the eggs hold together, but if you don’t like the taste, omit.
- Fresh eggs
- 1 to 2 teaspoons vinegar (rice vinegar works well) (optional)
Steps to Success
- First bring water in a pot to almost boiling
- add one or two teaspoons of vinegar to the water, if you want. The vinegar will help the egg whites to congeal more easily.
- crack an egg, drop egg gently iinto water the hot water near the surface
- With a spoon, nudge the eggwhites closer to their yolks. This will help the egg whites hold together.
- Turn off the heat. Cover. Let sit for 4 minutes, until the egg whites are cooked.
- Lift eggs out of pan with a spoon.