Merry Christmas everyone! Here is a turkey soup recipe to help you use up some of your turkey leftovers. The excellent thing about soup is you can really add anything you want. I have included a basic stock recipe as well if you want to make it all from scratch. See you all soon!
Making Turkey Stock
1. Remove all the usable turkey meat from the turkey carcass to save for making sandwiches later or for adding to the soup.
2. Put the leftover bones and skin into a large stock pot and cover with cold water. You can also use any drippings that weren’t used to make gravy, and any giblets. ( I prefer not to )
3. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat to bring the stock to a bare simmer or just below a simmer.
4. Simmer for 2 hours on low
5. Skim off any foamy crud that may float to the surface of the stock.
6. After 2 hours place a large pot and strainer in the sink and strain all the bones so you are then just left with stock.
7. Place stock aside
- Parlsey Thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 celery stocks
- 4 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon poltery seasoning
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- Black pepper & salt to taste
- Lots of Turkey!
Soup Seasoning- Keep tasting to ensure you are getting the taste you’re like. Perosnally I like my soup with a lot of flavour, some people enjoy is more bland.
Now to make soup!