Let’s be honest its very hard to change old habits especially when it comes to nutrition. Eating right not only affects your body image, but it also directly affects your mood. Try not to think of it as a diet but a lifestyle. Don’t be to be too hard on yourself (nobody is perfect). If you slip up on the weekend by indulging in a couple desserts, booze, or just a combination of non-clean foods, make it up by eating better and getting in an extra WOD during the week. Here are 10 tips to help you with clean eating.
10 Tips When Eating Paleo
- Enjoy eating paleo. Enjoy what you eat. If you are unhappy with what you are eating you are unlikely to continue to keep eating that way, and once the nutrition is gone, staying fit and healthy becomes much harder.
- Pre-cook food. Spend a few hours at the beginning of the week and cook big batches of food. This will allow you to minimise the amount of time that you have to spend cooking during the week.
- Cook more that you need. This is similar to the previous tip, the idea being that if you cook more than you need for one meal then you can eat it later, or the next day.
- Rather than cutting yourself off from all of those foods which you enjoy that aren’t 100% paleo friendly, simply eat smaller amounts and be moderate.
- Do not keep junk/unhealthy food that you know you shouldn’t eat, in the house. For most people, if it is in the house they will eventually eat it.
- Do not run out of food. This is horrible. Do not let it happen to you.
- Try planning out your meals for a week. This comes easily to type one personalities, for the rest of us it can be a nuisance. Though this has the benefit of ensuring you know what you need in the house for the week, and eliminates that time wasting period during which you try and figure out what you should cook for dinner.
- Keep a handy meal replacement shake/can of tuna in your car/office/desk/bag for a paleo friendly snack in case plans change.
- Learn to use spices; this will do wonders for you and will offer variety and different flavors to your meals.
- Eat lots of vegetables; try and eat a good variety with many different colours.
Compliments of: http://www.livingpaleo.com/
Here is a quick video link from yesterdays Global Morning news. They talk about what is in common processed foods, and how to read food labels. They funny part of this video is that they start off by saying “you think these products are good for you”. But yet the whole table is filled with processed foods! What I’m trying to get across is…if it doesn’t come from the ground and you can’t pick it or kill it, don’t eat it!